A 4 day camp where students will get their hands dirty and create special pieces to cherish for many years! During this 4 day session, 10 hours total, you will learn how to use slabs, coils or pinch pot construction to create a bobble head, cup or your own creations! The class includes clay (Laguna Speckled Buff, tools, your glazes, and firings. Students are asked to bring an old towel for clean up. All other materials will be provided. Students will create 1-2 projects based on their level of skill and detail. Parents are invited to attend but it is not required. I am a certified teacher with 12 years experience in the PK-12 art classroom and will be conducting the class with another highly experienced and certified PK-12 art teacher.
Students will have a snack and water provided. Students are permitted to bring their own snack and drink if you would like.
Day 1-Printmaking an apron; Clay project
Day 2-Glaze Clay Projects and prep tie dye activity
Day 3-Tie Dye, Paper Collage/Painting
Day 4-Paper Collage
Age range: 5-11 years old
Location: Helotes, address will be emailed after sign up with waiver per child
Time: 9-11:30 am (drop off begins at 8:45 am)
Class Dates: August 7-10 (time for event is the same each day)
Parents/Guardians will receive a Google form after signing up to share more information about your student including age and potential allergies.
Other Important Facility Information:
- The studio is wheelchair accessible via a ramp at the back entrance to the studio.
- Parking is available in front of the studio in a half circle driveway.
- Report any problems or concerns immediately to your instructor
- A bathroom is available for use.
- Ask before you use a piece of equipment that you aren’t familiar with.
- No smoking in or outside of the studio.
- Because of space and liability issues, guests are not allowed in the Teaching Center during classes or Open Studio.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the start of class, students receive a full refund (minus a $50 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within 29-0 days of the start of class, students receive no refund.
Taught by: Elyse Cano Brown and Taylor Cox